IPL GC defers decision on Kochi`s request to relocate
Mumbai: The Governing Council of the Indian Premier League (IPL) which met in Nagpur on Saturday deferred to take a call on the request of relocation of one of the two new franchises from Kochi to Ahmedabad.
"That (relocation) matter would be taken up at the (BCCI) AGM (on September 19 and 20 in Mumbai)," said a source who attended the meeting.
"No major decisions were taken today. Only the IPL accounts were taken up (ahead of the AGM)," the source added. The franchise, which was successfully bid for Rs 1533 crore by a consortium, had made its debut as Kochi Tuskers in the fourth IPL season earlier this year and had sought BCCI`s permission to relocate its home from Kerala to Ahmedabad.
The matter had come up at the BCCI`s Working Committee meeting held here on August 15 but no decision was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark
- Hilarious VIDEO: When Delhi Daredevils' Quinton de Kock, Sam Billings took Hindi lessons