IPL Governing Council to meet on Wednesday
Mumbai: The Governing Council of the Indian Premier League, a subcommittee of the Cricket Board, is to meet here on October 17 following BCCI`s month-long legal battle against Deccan Chargers over the decision to terminate the IPL franchise for breach of contract.
"There is a meeting of the IPL Governing Council in Mumbai on October 17th. I don`t know any other details," said BCCI`s CAO Prof Ratnakar Shetty on Monday.
Deccan Chargers lost their status as an IPL team after the Bombay High Court on Saturday stayed the order of the Arbitrator for maintaining status quo on the matter till further hearing.
Yesterday, the Board began the process of finding a new team by floating tender notices for a fresh franchise.
"Under this invitation to tender, the winning bidder will be granted the right to own and operate a new team which will compete in the IPL in each year from and including 2013 onwards and will have the opportunity (if applicable and subject to qualification) to compete in each and any CLT20 which is staged from 2013 onwards," the BCCI said in an advertisement published in leading newspapers.
The bids have been invited in respect of 12 cities -- Ahmedabad, Cuttack, Dharamsala, Indore, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kochi, Nagpur, Noida, Rajkot, Ranchi and Vizag.
The tender notice said that all bidding parties will need to fulfil the eligibility criteria and other requirements specified in the Invitation to Tender.
"Bids must be submitted at 12 noon IST on Thursday October 25. The winning bids will be announced in the manner set out in the Invitation to Tender," the BCCI advert said.
IPL GC is made up of Chairman Shukla, Arun Jaitley, Anirudh Chaudhary, Dr G Ganga Raju, Sanjay Patel, Amitabh Choudhary, Ravi Shastri and M P Pandove.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone