IPL has affected performance of Indian Test team: Imran Khan
London: Too much emphasis on Indian Premier League and the ODIs affected the performance of Team India during their recent tour of England, where they were whitewashed in both Test and limited-over series, said Imran Khan, Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-politician.
"Emphasis on IPL and limited-over games has affected India`s performance. One must realise that the ultimate test is the Test matches in which you have to take 20 wickets. And when your bowlers are not performing, your batting also gets affected," Imran told Indian Journalists Association on Thursday.
Asked specifically what went wrong with the Indian team, the World Cup-winning former Pakistan skipper said, "What went wrong was the IPL and an emphasis on the limited version of the game, not realising that ultimate test of the team is the Test cricket.
"A great Test team will always win one-day matches but good one-day team will not necessarily win Test matches. You have to take 20 wickets to win Test matches. If you have one-day type bowlers they are not going to get Test wickets," the veteran all-rounder added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you