IPL has affected performance of Indian Test team: Imran Khan
London: Too much emphasis on Indian Premier League and the ODIs affected the performance of Team India during their recent tour of England, where they were whitewashed in both Test and limited-over series, said Imran Khan, Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-politician.
"Emphasis on IPL and limited-over games has affected India`s performance. One must realise that the ultimate test is the Test matches in which you have to take 20 wickets. And when your bowlers are not performing, your batting also gets affected," Imran told Indian Journalists Association on Thursday.
Asked specifically what went wrong with the Indian team, the World Cup-winning former Pakistan skipper said, "What went wrong was the IPL and an emphasis on the limited version of the game, not realising that ultimate test of the team is the Test cricket.
"A great Test team will always win one-day matches but good one-day team will not necessarily win Test matches. You have to take 20 wickets to win Test matches. If you have one-day type bowlers they are not going to get Test wickets," the veteran all-rounder added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!