IPL issue: Fresh miscellaneous plea filed
Madurai: Alleging that the Indian Premier League "was a tacit arrangement" to satisfy the underworld involving in match fixing and spot fixing, a fresh miscellaneous petition was on friday filed in the High Court here, seeking a direction to CBI to probe all cricketing "scams" from 2008 with assistance of the Interpol.
The plea was part of a writ petition which sought a direction to the Ministry of Youth Welfare and Sports to takeover the management and administration of national cricket from IPL and BCCI.
The miscellaneous plea would be taken up for hearing along with the main petition for which reply from the government was pending, on June 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview