IPL issue: Fresh miscellaneous plea filed
Madurai: Alleging that the Indian Premier League "was a tacit arrangement" to satisfy the underworld involving in match fixing and spot fixing, a fresh miscellaneous petition was on friday filed in the High Court here, seeking a direction to CBI to probe all cricketing "scams" from 2008 with assistance of the Interpol.
The plea was part of a writ petition which sought a direction to the Ministry of Youth Welfare and Sports to takeover the management and administration of national cricket from IPL and BCCI.
The miscellaneous plea would be taken up for hearing along with the main petition for which reply from the government was pending, on June 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country