IPL issue: Fresh miscellaneous plea filed
Madurai: Alleging that the Indian Premier League "was a tacit arrangement" to satisfy the underworld involving in match fixing and spot fixing, a fresh miscellaneous petition was on friday filed in the High Court here, seeking a direction to CBI to probe all cricketing "scams" from 2008 with assistance of the Interpol.
The plea was part of a writ petition which sought a direction to the Ministry of Youth Welfare and Sports to takeover the management and administration of national cricket from IPL and BCCI.
The miscellaneous plea would be taken up for hearing along with the main petition for which reply from the government was pending, on June 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire