IPL probe panel to discuss mode of operation with BCCI
New Delhi: BCCI official Ratnakar Shetty will discuss with the two judges appointed to inquire into the complaints against Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra, and the owners of CSK and Rajasthan Royals, the "preferred mode of operation" in the IPL-6 spot-fixing and betting scandal.
The two judges who comprise the probe panel will meet in person for the first time in Bangalore on Friday.
"The panel will discuss its preferred mode of operation. It will be provided with all the operational and administrative assistance," Shetty, BCCI`s general manager for game development, was quoted as saying by `ESPNcricinfo`.
It`s been almost a month since Justice T Jayaram Chouta and R Balasubramanian were appointed.
In what Chouta, the chairman of the commission, called a "preliminary" meeting, the judges are likely to specify their requirements.
Shetty, and the members of the BCCI`s legal team, have already handed over the necessary documents to Chowta to begin the process.
Following the arrests of three Rajasthan Royals cricketers and that of Meiyappan, CSK Team Principal and BCCI President N Srinivasan`s son-in-law, the following week, the board had announced a three-member commission to conduct an inquiry.
However, following Sanjay Jagdale`s resignation from the post of BCCI secretary and the subsequent withdrawal from the panel, it was reconstituted on June 10.
After Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra had allegedly admitted to his involvement in betting on his team`s matches to Delhi Police, the panel was also asked to look into the complaint filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says