IPL qualifiers: Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings- Statistical highlights
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 12:05
Delhi: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League first Qualifier between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings on Tuesday.
- Dwayne Smith has reached his 3000 runs in Twenty20, totalling 3003 at an average of 25.23 in 139 games.
- Smith`s splendid 21-ball fifty (68 off 28 balls) is his quickest at the IPL -- the third quickest at the IPL 6.
- Smith`s magnificent strike rate of 242.85 is the highest by any batsman against Chennai at the IPL (minimum qualification: fifty).
- Smith`s strike rate is the second highest by a Mumbai batsman at the IPL (minimum 50). Kieron Pollard had recorded strike rate of 244.44 during his 66 not out off 27 balls against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Mumbai on May 13, 2013.
- Smith has registered four half-centuries at the IPL.
- Chennai Super Kings` convincing 48-run triumph is their biggest by runs margin over Mumbai Indians at the IPL, eclipsing the 38-run win at Bangalore on May 23, 2012.
- Chennai have won six and lost eight out of 14 against Mumbai Indians at the IPL -- winning % 42.85. They have reached in the final for the fifth time in the IPL.
- Michael Hussey has got his 10th Man of the Match award at the IPL. He became the first player to get five MOM awards in the present edition.
- Hussey became the second batsman after Virat Kohli to post six fifties at the IPL 2013.
- Michael Hussey (86 not out off 58 balls) has recorded his first fifty against Mumbai Indians in seven innings at the IPL. The knock is the highest individual score by a Chennai player against Mumbai at the IPL, bettering Suresh Raina`s unbeaten 83 at Brabourne Stadium on March 25, 2010.
- Hussey`s aggregate of 732 at 56.30 in 16 matches is his highest in an IPL edition besides becoming the first Chennai player to amass 700 runs in an IPL season.
- Two batsmen have totalled 700-plus runs for the first time in an IPL season. Earlier, Chris Gayle had amassed 708 (ave. 59.00) in 16 matches.
- Gayle was the first to do so -- 733 (ave.61.08) in 15 matches in 2012.
- Hussey has registered 12 fifties apart from a century at the IPL overall.
- Hussey and Vijay were associated in a partnership of 52 -- their 13th fifty-plus for the first wicket -- the most by a pair for any wicket.
- Hussey and Vijay have registered five stands of fifty-plus for the first wicket at the IPL 2013, equalling the feat of Robin Uthappa and Aaron finch for Pune Warriors.
- Hussey and Vijay have made 531 in 12 innings at an average of 48.27 - the second pair to make 500 runs or more at the IPL 2013. Finch and Uthappa have totalled 606 at an average of 43.29 in fourteen innings, including five partnerships of fifty-plus.
- Suresh Raina (82 not out off 42 balls) has posted his 18th fifty at the IPL.
- Raina (4054 at 34.06 in 151 matches) is the first Indian batsman and the seventh to amass 4000 runs in Twenty20.
- With 414 runs at an average of 37.63 in 14 games, Raina holds a record for the highest tally against Mumbai Indians at the IPL, eclipsing Jacques Kallis` tally of 403 (ave.40.30) in twelve matches.
- Raina has posted his best IPL performance this year, aggregating 548 at an average of 45.66 in 17 matches. He is the first Chennai player to make 500 runs in an IPL season twice, having scored 520 (ave.47.27) in 16 matches in 2009-10.
- Raina`s tally of 2802 (ave.35.46) in 98 matches is the highest at the IPL. His tally of 115 sixes is exceeded only by Chris Gayle (180).
- Lasith Malinga (4-0-45-0) has recorded his worst IPL performance, eclipsing the 4-0-42-0 against Rajasthan at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on May 20, 2011.
- Kieron Pollard has completed his 150 wickets in Twenty20.
- Bravo, with 14 catches, has set a fielding record in IPL, obliterating the 13 each taken by AB Villiers of Delhi in 2009 and Rohit Sharma of Mumbai in 2012.
- With 28 wickets (ave.16.25) in 17 games, Bravo has equalled Malinga`s tally of 28 at 13.39 in 16 games in 2011.
- Nine batsmen were caught in Mumbai`s innings -- the fifth instance in the IPL.
First Published: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 12:32
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre