IPL spot-fixing: Absconding bookies surrender before Mumbai crime branch
New Delhi: Absconding bookies Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur today surrendered before Mumbai crime branch in the IPL spot-fixing case.
According to sources both might get arrested after the initial investigation by Mumbai crime branch.
Earlier, the Jaipur Police, in an interim report confirmed that Pawan Jaipur and Sanjay Jaipur, two alleged bookies were indeed Sandeep Chhabra and Sanjay Chhabra, owners of the well-known Motisons Jewellers outlets.
The Mumbai Police had issued red corner notices against the duo, who were absconding since being named in the spot-fixing case. Actor Vindoo Dara Singh is reported to have helped them escape to Dubai.
The Mumbai Police had asked their counterparts in Jaipur to establish the identity of Pawan and Sanjay Jaipur, aged between 35 and 40 years, and also trace their background.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda