IPL spot-fixing: Absconding bookies surrender before Mumbai crime branch
New Delhi: Absconding bookies Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur today surrendered before Mumbai crime branch in the IPL spot-fixing case.
According to sources both might get arrested after the initial investigation by Mumbai crime branch.
Earlier, the Jaipur Police, in an interim report confirmed that Pawan Jaipur and Sanjay Jaipur, two alleged bookies were indeed Sandeep Chhabra and Sanjay Chhabra, owners of the well-known Motisons Jewellers outlets.
The Mumbai Police had issued red corner notices against the duo, who were absconding since being named in the spot-fixing case. Actor Vindoo Dara Singh is reported to have helped them escape to Dubai.
The Mumbai Police had asked their counterparts in Jaipur to establish the identity of Pawan and Sanjay Jaipur, aged between 35 and 40 years, and also trace their background.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit