IPL spot-fixing: Absconding bookies surrender before Mumbai crime branch
New Delhi: Absconding bookies Sanjay Jaipur and Pawan Jaipur today surrendered before Mumbai crime branch in the IPL spot-fixing case.
According to sources both might get arrested after the initial investigation by Mumbai crime branch.
Earlier, the Jaipur Police, in an interim report confirmed that Pawan Jaipur and Sanjay Jaipur, two alleged bookies were indeed Sandeep Chhabra and Sanjay Chhabra, owners of the well-known Motisons Jewellers outlets.
The Mumbai Police had issued red corner notices against the duo, who were absconding since being named in the spot-fixing case. Actor Vindoo Dara Singh is reported to have helped them escape to Dubai.
The Mumbai Police had asked their counterparts in Jaipur to establish the identity of Pawan and Sanjay Jaipur, aged between 35 and 40 years, and also trace their background.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you