IPL spot-fixing: Ankeet Chavan to get married today
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Tainted cricketer Ankeet Chavan is all set to tie the knot with IT professional Neha Sambari in a low-key ceremony here on Sunday.
Mumbai crime branch will keep an eye on the proceedings.
"We are keen to see who are the guests at Ankeet Chavan`s marriage", a crime branch official said.
Chavan had sought bail on the ground that his marriage is fixed for June 2 and if the wedding does not take place it will harm his reputation and that of his fiancée.
Chavan was released from Tihar Jail on Friday, a day after a court granted him bail to solemnise his marriage.
An arrested bookie in the IPL spot-fixing scandal has told Delhi Police about his financial dealings with Chavan and his Rajasthan Raoyals teammate Ajit Chandila.
Photo Courtesy: BCCI
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje