IPL Spot-Fixing: Asad Rauf received costly gifts from bookies
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Telephonic conversations between Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf, Vindoo Dara Singh and a bookie clearly indicate the umpire’s involvement in spot-fixing in the IPL.
A leading newspaper quoted police sources as saying that Vindoo helped Rauf in getting costly gifts from bookies. They even came up with separate telephonic conversations between Rauf and Vindoo and bookie Pawan Jaipur where Rauf was reminding Vindoo that his birthday was coming up. Replying to this Vindoo was heard assuring Rauf that he would take care of it.
Vindoo later called up bookie Pawan Jaipur, who confirmed that he would send a watch worth Rs 6 lakh and a gold chain for Asad through Prem Taneja (another bookie) in Delhi.
Here is the entire transcript published by the newspaper:
Asad Rauf (Pakistani umpire who was officiating in IPL 6): "Do you know my birthday is coming up?"
Vindu Dara Singh (film and TV actor): "Asadbhai, don`t worry, we will take care of it. I will convey the message to Pawanbhai."
Pawan Jaipur (bookie) to Vindu: "I am sending a watch worth Rs 6 lakh and a gold chain for Asad through Prem Taneja (another bookie) in Delhi. Please ask Asad to collect it from Delhi."
Rauf, who is in the list of ICC Elite Umpires, fled India during the IPL immediately after his name cropped up in the spot-fixing scandal. He was later dropped from the list of umpires to officiate in the ongoing Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow