IPL spot-fixing: BCCI suspends Rajasthan Royals’ Harmeet Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals spinner Harmeet Singh has been suspended by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) pending an enquiry into his role in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal on Saturday.
The left-arm spinner has also been issued a show-cause notice after he was quizzed by BCCI’s Anti-Corruption Unit chief Ravi Sawani in Mumbai on Saturday.
Police sources claim that fixers and bookies had tried to lure Singh with gifts to indulge in spot-fixing but he "did not act accordingly".
Singh, who had represented India in its U-19 team in two World Cups, had earlier recorded his statement before a court here after the Delhi Police decided to make him a prosecution witness, tightening their case against three cricketers in the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble