IPL spot-fixing: Bookies paid Chandila Rs 15 lakh to fix May 17 match
Ajit Chandila of Rajasthan Royals was about to spot-fix in another Indian Premiere League (IPL) match too for which he had taken Rs.15 lakh from a Punjab-based bookie, police claimed here Wednesday.
During interrogation Chandila has revealed the name of another bookie, Deepak Kumar, 35, a resident of Patiala, Punjab.
"Kumar contacted Chandila April 4 and a meeting was held between them in a Chandigarh hotel for spot-fixing in the match played between Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad on May 17. In this match, he was supposed to play," said an officer of Delhi Police.
He also received Rs.15 lakh from Kumar, who is a property dealer.
This is a third set of bookies running the spot fixing racket during the IPL matches this season.
Delhi Police have claimed that "four sets" of people involved in spot fixing racket have surfaced in the interrogation of three Rajasthan Royals players S. Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan and 15 bookies who were arrested from Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad