IPL spot-fixing case: police file supplementary charge sheet
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday filed in court here a supplementary charge sheet in the IPL spot-fixing case against alleged bookie Chandresh Jain alias Jupiter, who is claimed to be linked with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and his aide Chhota Shakeel in the organised crime syndicate.
In its around 1,000 page supplementary charge sheet filed before Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma, the Special Cell of Delhi Police referred to the intercepted telephonic conversations between Jain and Salman, alias Master, who is one of the persons said to be associated with the underworld.
Besides Jain, the police in its supplementary charge sheet have also given names of the 39 accused who were chargesheeted earlier in the case.
Detailing the role of Jain, who was arrested after filing of the first charge sheet in the case, the police said he was "closely associated with underworld conduits and wanted accused person of this case namely Salman alias Master".
Jain has been chargesheeted for offences under the IPC and under the stringent law Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players