IPL spot-fixing case: police file supplementary charge sheet
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday filed in court here a supplementary charge sheet in the IPL spot-fixing case against alleged bookie Chandresh Jain alias Jupiter, who is claimed to be linked with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and his aide Chhota Shakeel in the organised crime syndicate.
In its around 1,000 page supplementary charge sheet filed before Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma, the Special Cell of Delhi Police referred to the intercepted telephonic conversations between Jain and Salman, alias Master, who is one of the persons said to be associated with the underworld.
Besides Jain, the police in its supplementary charge sheet have also given names of the 39 accused who were chargesheeted earlier in the case.
Detailing the role of Jain, who was arrested after filing of the first charge sheet in the case, the police said he was "closely associated with underworld conduits and wanted accused person of this case namely Salman alias Master".
Jain has been chargesheeted for offences under the IPC and under the stringent law Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender