IPL spot fixing case: Sreesanth, Chavan seek bail
New Delhi: Claiming that he has been falsely implicated in IPL spot-fixing case, pacer S Sreesanth, whose police custody was today extended by two days, has sought bail in a Delhi court which will hear the plea on Tuesday.
Sreesanth`s Rajasthan Royal team-mate Ankeet Chavan has also sought relief on the grounds that his marriage is scheduled on June 2 this year.
Both the players moved their bail pleas before Metropolitan Magistrate Anuj Aggarwal who fixed May 28 for hearing before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma.
In his bail plea, Sreesanth has said that "no case is made out against me and I have been falsely implicated."
Sreesanth`s advocate Vishal Gosain said that, "The penal provisions invoked against him are not made out. He has not cheated anybody."
Gosain also said, "The particular over, about which the police is saying was fixed, was bowled by Sreesanth in a regular manner."
Meanwhile, Chavan, who was today remanded in judicial custody till June 4, sought bail saying that his marriage was nearing and the ceremonies were going on.
His lawyer Kishore Gayakwad told the court that "Chavan`s marriage has already been fixed and it is on June 2, so he be granted bail",
Sreesanth, Chavan and their teammate Ajit Chandila, who all were playing for Rajasthan Royals, were arrested in Mumbai by Delhi police for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in IPL matches for payments up to Rs 60 lakhs for giving away pre-determined number of runs in an over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note