IPL spot fixing case: Sreesanth, Chavan seek bail
New Delhi: Claiming that he has been falsely implicated in IPL spot-fixing case, pacer S Sreesanth, whose police custody was today extended by two days, has sought bail in a Delhi court which will hear the plea on Tuesday.
Sreesanth`s Rajasthan Royal team-mate Ankeet Chavan has also sought relief on the grounds that his marriage is scheduled on June 2 this year.
Both the players moved their bail pleas before Metropolitan Magistrate Anuj Aggarwal who fixed May 28 for hearing before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Sharma.
In his bail plea, Sreesanth has said that "no case is made out against me and I have been falsely implicated."
Sreesanth`s advocate Vishal Gosain said that, "The penal provisions invoked against him are not made out. He has not cheated anybody."
Gosain also said, "The particular over, about which the police is saying was fixed, was bowled by Sreesanth in a regular manner."
Meanwhile, Chavan, who was today remanded in judicial custody till June 4, sought bail saying that his marriage was nearing and the ceremonies were going on.
His lawyer Kishore Gayakwad told the court that "Chavan`s marriage has already been fixed and it is on June 2, so he be granted bail",
Sreesanth, Chavan and their teammate Ajit Chandila, who all were playing for Rajasthan Royals, were arrested in Mumbai by Delhi police for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in IPL matches for payments up to Rs 60 lakhs for giving away pre-determined number of runs in an over.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!