IPL spot-fixing case: Three more, including former Ranji cricketer arrested
New Delhi: Three more people have been arrested in the Indian Premier League spot fixing case, Delhi Police said Sunday, taking the number of arrested to 15, including India fast bowler S. Sreesanth and two other players of the Rajasthan Royals.
The three - Sunil Bhatia, 44, Kiran Dole, 43, and Manish Gudewa, 32 - were arrested from Maharashtra`s Aurangabad city early Sunday morning and are ‘fixers’ who used to mediate between the bookies and the players.
‘These three are fixers who fixed the meeting between the bookies and players and did the on-spot fixing during the match,’ a Delhi Police official said.
Police added that Gudewa was a Ranji level cricket player and played for Vidarbha team between 2003-05. The three were arrested after their phones were put on surveillance by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three Florida men charged with attempting to support Islamic State
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself