IPL spot-fixing case: Three more, including former Ranji cricketer arrested
New Delhi: Three more people have been arrested in the Indian Premier League spot fixing case, Delhi Police said Sunday, taking the number of arrested to 15, including India fast bowler S. Sreesanth and two other players of the Rajasthan Royals.
The three - Sunil Bhatia, 44, Kiran Dole, 43, and Manish Gudewa, 32 - were arrested from Maharashtra`s Aurangabad city early Sunday morning and are ‘fixers’ who used to mediate between the bookies and the players.
‘These three are fixers who fixed the meeting between the bookies and players and did the on-spot fixing during the match,’ a Delhi Police official said.
Police added that Gudewa was a Ranji level cricket player and played for Vidarbha team between 2003-05. The three were arrested after their phones were put on surveillance by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what