IPL spot-fixing: Chandila gets interim bail till August 5
New Delhi: A court here today granted interim bail for two days to suspended Cricketer Ajit Chandila, who is an accused in IPL spot-fixing scandal case, to enable him to participate in the last rites of his elder brother.
Additional Sessions Judge Renu Bhatnagar allowed Chandila to visit his house from August 3 to 5 to attend the rites performed for the deceased by his family members.
Chandila was arrested along with two other cricketers S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan of Rajasthan Royals along with 26 others in the case.
The police filed the 6,000-page charge sheet against 39 persons, of whom eight are in judicial custody, 21 are out on bail and rest 10 are absconding.
Bookies Jitender Jain, Ashwani Aggarwal, Ramesh Vyas, Deepak Kumar, Firoz Farid Ansari and Sunil Bhatia, ex-Ranji player Babu Rao Yadav and Chandila are now behind the bars.
All the accused have been chargesheeted for the offences of cheating and conspiracy under IPC and provisions of stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA).
The police in its charge sheet had said underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his aide Chhota Shakeel, who have been "controlling the fixing and betting market" in cricket in India, were behind the IPL spot-fixing.
It had named Rajasthan Royal`s captain Rahul Dravid being named as a witness in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!