IPL spot-fixing: Court to hear bail plea of Ajit Chandila, four others
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi Court will hear the bail plea of spot-fixing accused Ajit Chandila and four others on Saturday.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
In its reply filed before Additional Sessions Judge Ajay Kumar Jain, Delhi Police said Chandila was directly in contact with bookies and players and had received money to perform as per their directions.
The police reply came on the bail applications filed by Chandila, Ashwani Aggarwal, Baburao Yadav, Deepak Kumar and Sunil Bhatia, which was also strongly opposed.
After hearing the arguments for a short time, the judge adjourned the applications for Saturday saying he has to go through the file thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez