IPL spot-fixing: Court to hear bail plea of Ajit Chandila, four others
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi Court will hear the bail plea of spot-fixing accused Ajit Chandila and four others on Saturday.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
In its reply filed before Additional Sessions Judge Ajay Kumar Jain, Delhi Police said Chandila was directly in contact with bookies and players and had received money to perform as per their directions.
The police reply came on the bail applications filed by Chandila, Ashwani Aggarwal, Baburao Yadav, Deepak Kumar and Sunil Bhatia, which was also strongly opposed.
After hearing the arguments for a short time, the judge adjourned the applications for Saturday saying he has to go through the file thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis