IPL spot-fixing: Court to hear bail plea of Ajit Chandila, four others
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi Court will hear the bail plea of spot-fixing accused Ajit Chandila and four others on Saturday.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
In its reply filed before Additional Sessions Judge Ajay Kumar Jain, Delhi Police said Chandila was directly in contact with bookies and players and had received money to perform as per their directions.
The police reply came on the bail applications filed by Chandila, Ashwani Aggarwal, Baburao Yadav, Deepak Kumar and Sunil Bhatia, which was also strongly opposed.
After hearing the arguments for a short time, the judge adjourned the applications for Saturday saying he has to go through the file thoroughly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress