IPL spot-fixing: Dawood Ibrahim likely to be named in chargesheet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is expected to file a chargesheet in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal naming underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, three Rajasthan Royals players and several others.
Three cricketers representing Rajasthan Royals along with 11 bookies, were arrested from Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi during the IPL-6 in May.
Another 15 people were arrested from different parts of the country later.
Twenty-one accused in the case, including S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan, have been granted bail by a court, while the others, including Ajit Chandila are in judicial custody.
According to a report, Sreesanth, Chandila and Chavan are likely to be booked under MCOCA.
Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar had earlier said that he would like the charge sheet in the Spot-fixing case to be filed before he hangs up his boots. Kumar demits office on July 31.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu