IPL spot-fixing: Dawood Ibrahim voice intercepts figure twice in chargesheet
New Delhi: Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s voice intercepts figure twice in the nearly 6000-page charge sheet on Wednesday filed by Delhi Police in the IPL spot-fixing case.
Dawood Ibrahim who has been named in the first column of the charge sheet is said to be the prime accused in the case.
His voice has been intercepted twice during the investigations which have been listed in the charge sheet, police said.
As per one of the intercepts, bookie Ramesh Vyas got a call from Dawood. During the conversation, Dawood threatens Vyas saying, "Be honest with Master and Doctor". Master in this conversation is Salman and Doctor is Dawood`s associate Javed Chautani, both whom operate from Pakistan.
The other conversation in which Dawood features is between Javed Chautani and Dawood, Chautani further talks to Tinku Mandi, police said.
Dawood`s voice has been confirmed by CFSL. The CFSL report also says that the bookies were speaking to Dawood`s associate Chutani, Salman alias Master and Ehtesham- all of them are reportedly based in Pakistan.
Both Chautani and Salman were operating on behalf of Dawood and were in constant touch with bookies Tinku Mandi and Ramesh Vyas.
The Delhi Police filed its voluminous charge sheet in a court here naming Dawood, his close aide Chhota Shakeel and some cricketers, including S Sreesanth, as accused while Rajasthan Royals` captain Rahul Dravid has been made a witness.
Besides them, the other accused include suspended players of Rajasthan Royals Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, bookies Ashwani Agarwal, Vyas, Deepak Kumar, Sunil Bhatia and Firoz Farid Ansari and ex-Ranji player Baburao Yadav.
According to a senior police officer, the main charge sheet has 571 pages while the supporting documents run into nearly 5,000 pages.
The charge-sheet has named 39 persons as accused and 168 as witnesses in the case. Out of the 39 named as accused - 29 persons have already been arrested while 10 are yet to be arrested. Amongst those yet to be arrested are- Dawood and his aides.
In order to prove the charges, cops have submitted telephonic conversations, legal order to tap phone, official documents related to seized mobile phones and voice samples of 12 persons, proved after CFSL.
Cops have recorded voice samples of twelve people including players Ankeet Chavan, Jeeju Janardan, Amit Singh, Manan, Chandresh Patel, Jeetu, Sunil Bhatia, Kiran Dole and others. The cops have not managed to record Sreesanth`s voice as he never spoke to bookies directly, an officer said.
Replying to a question about Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty, the officer clarified, "Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty don`t figure in the charge sheet as we are not investigating betting, this is about spot-fixing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender