IPL spot-fixing: Dawood likely to be named in chargesheet
New Delhi: Delhi Police is likely to file a charge sheet in the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot fixing case on Monday naming underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, three Rajasthan Royals players and several others.
"More than 30 people, including Dawood Ibrahim and three Rajasthan Royals players -- S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan -- will be named in the charge sheet," said a senior Delhi police officer.
"The charge sheet will be filed on Monday," he said.
The three players of Rajasthan Royals along with 11 bookies, were arrested from Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi during the IPL-6 in May. Another 15 people were arrested from different parts of the country later.
Twenty-one accused in the case, including Sreesanth and Chavan, have been granted bail by a court, while the others, including Chandila are in judicial custody.
Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar had earlier said that he would like the charge sheet in the Spot-fixing case to be filed before he hangs up his boots. Kumar demits office on July 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report