IPL spot fixing: Delhi Police to file chargesheet today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is expected to file a chargesheet in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal on Tuesday naming underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, three Rajasthan Royals players and several others.
Three cricketers representing Rajasthan Royals along with 11 bookies were arrested from Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Delhi during the IPL-6 in May.
Another 15 people were arrested from different parts of the country later.
Twenty-one accused in the case, including S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan, have been granted bail by a court, while the others, including Ajit Chandila are in judicial custody.
According to a report, Sreesanth, Chandila and Chavan are likely to be booked under MCOCA.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday