IPL spot-fixing: Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee submits report to SC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee, investigating allegations of spot-fixing and betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL), has submitted its report to the Supreme Court today.
The apex court bench headed by Justice AK Patnaik, upon receiving the report, said that they will pass appropriate order after going through it.
Supreme Court April 8, 2013 appointed Justice Mudgal to enquire into the allegation of spot-fixing in the IPL on a petition by Cricket Association of Bihar.
The commission, during its investigation process have met former India captain Sourav Ganguly, former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and veteran sports journalist Kishore Bhimani.
"The committee would like to clarify that the interactions with various people and deliberations are still on. The committee has not arrived at any final conclusion yet, contrary to some speculations in the media. The committee is likely to submit its report by Feb 10," a BCCI press statement released in January mentioned.
With Agency inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living