IPL spot-fixing: Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee submits report to SC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Justice Mukul Mudgal Committee, investigating allegations of spot-fixing and betting in the Indian Premier League (IPL), has submitted its report to the Supreme Court today.
The apex court bench headed by Justice AK Patnaik, upon receiving the report, said that they will pass appropriate order after going through it.
Supreme Court April 8, 2013 appointed Justice Mudgal to enquire into the allegation of spot-fixing in the IPL on a petition by Cricket Association of Bihar.
The commission, during its investigation process have met former India captain Sourav Ganguly, former BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya and veteran sports journalist Kishore Bhimani.
"The committee would like to clarify that the interactions with various people and deliberations are still on. The committee has not arrived at any final conclusion yet, contrary to some speculations in the media. The committee is likely to submit its report by Feb 10," a BCCI press statement released in January mentioned.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured