IPL Spot-Fixing: Meiyappan's police custody extended
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A Mumbai court on Wednesday has agreed to extend the police custody of Gurunath Meiyappan, CSK team owner and son-in-law of BCCI chief N Srinivasan, who was arrested in charge of betting and spot-fixing a few days back. He was produced in the court today.
Meiyappan used to place "huge bets" on IPL matches after fixing the game, Mumbai Police had told a metropolitan court which remanded him in police custody till May 29.
The CSK Team Principal, armed with inside information about the Chennai f ranchise, shared those with bookies to make money, Mumbai crime branch, probing the raging betting scandal, told the court.
The 35-year-old top honcho of CSK, twice IPL champions, was in the eye of a huge storm after actor and TV reality show winner Vindoo Dara Singh, arrested for his alleged links to bookies, admitted to having placed bets on his behalf.
Vindoo, winner of reality show Bigg Boss season 3 and son of late wrestler-actor Dara Singh, was allegedly in "frequent touch" with Meiyappan during the IPL matches and was claimed to have told Mumbai crime branch that the CSK owner had lost Rs 1 crore through betting.
The crime branch, according to sources, had call data records of conversations between Vindoo and Meiyappan and they are learnt to have confronted the two with the transcripts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder