IPL spot-fixing: More players likely to be arrested after final?
New Delhi: Three to four Indian Premier League (IPL) players are likely to be arrested after the final match being played between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) at Kolkata`s Eden Gardens stadium, said Delhi police on Sunday.
The Delhi Police had launched a manhunt for these players just after the questioning of Mohammed Yahya alias Yusuf, 45, one of the bookies who was arrested on Friday morning from Hyderabad airport in connection with the IPL spot fixing scandal when he was trying to flee to Dubai.
A Delhi Police source said that Yahya revealed some names of the players who were also involved in the spot fixing.
"A team of Delhi Police has arrived in Kolkata," said the source, adding that police is also in search of some more punters and bookies who contacted the three arrested players of Rajasthan Royals - S. Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan.
"Now, we are in search of three to four players whose name came during the question of Yahya," another senior official associated with the probe revealed.
The official did not rule out the names of any foreign players but he did not expose the names of the players who are under Delhi Police`s scanner.
Till date, Delhi Police has arrested 19 people.
Chavan was sent to judicial custody Sunday by Saket court till June 4 after police told the court that he was not required for any further questioning by it. However, Sreesanth, Chandila and two bookies - Chandresh Patel and Ashwani alias Tipu - were sent to two days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!