IPL spot-fixing: Mumbai Crime Branch claim they have evidence against Meiyappan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after a two-member panel appointed by the BCCI cleared Chennai Super Kings (CSK) of fixing and betting charges in IPL, Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed that it has enough evidence against Gurunath Meiyappan.
The BCCI had reportedly demanded the presence of an investigating officer from Mumbai Crime Branch before its two-member committee which was turned down.
The investigating officials in a letter asked the cricket board about the provisions that called for the evidences collected by them in the IPL spot-fixing probe to be submitted before the panel. The BCCI did not respond to it.
The BCCI accused the Mumbai Crime Branch of non-cooperation which they have denied.
The officials feared that the evidences might fall in the wrong hands that could jeopardize their case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report