IPL spot-fixing: Mumbai Crime Branch claim they have evidence against Meiyappan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after a two-member panel appointed by the BCCI cleared Chennai Super Kings (CSK) of fixing and betting charges in IPL, Mumbai Crime Branch has claimed that it has enough evidence against Gurunath Meiyappan.
The BCCI had reportedly demanded the presence of an investigating officer from Mumbai Crime Branch before its two-member committee which was turned down.
The investigating officials in a letter asked the cricket board about the provisions that called for the evidences collected by them in the IPL spot-fixing probe to be submitted before the panel. The BCCI did not respond to it.
The BCCI accused the Mumbai Crime Branch of non-cooperation which they have denied.
The officials feared that the evidences might fall in the wrong hands that could jeopardize their case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise