IPL spot fixing: SC dismisses PIL seeking CBI probe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
The scandal was unearthed in May when Delhi Police arrested three Rajasthan Royals’ cricketers – S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan – on charges of spot-fixing.
The Delhi Police has already slapped Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against all the 29 accused arrested in the case. Some of them including Sreesanth and Chavan are already out on bail.
Delhi Police claimed that they have enough evidence such as TV footage, recorded conversations, the players conceding that agreed number of runs in an over and some circumstantial evidence.
Some confessions of cricket players and bookies have also been recorded by the Delhi Police during the course of investigations.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed