IPL spot fixing: SC dismisses PIL seeking CBI probe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
The scandal was unearthed in May when Delhi Police arrested three Rajasthan Royals’ cricketers – S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan – on charges of spot-fixing.
The Delhi Police has already slapped Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against all the 29 accused arrested in the case. Some of them including Sreesanth and Chavan are already out on bail.
Delhi Police claimed that they have enough evidence such as TV footage, recorded conversations, the players conceding that agreed number of runs in an over and some circumstantial evidence.
Some confessions of cricket players and bookies have also been recorded by the Delhi Police during the course of investigations.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi