IPL spot fixing: SC dismisses PIL seeking CBI probe
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
The scandal was unearthed in May when Delhi Police arrested three Rajasthan Royals’ cricketers – S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan – on charges of spot-fixing.
The Delhi Police has already slapped Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against all the 29 accused arrested in the case. Some of them including Sreesanth and Chavan are already out on bail.
Delhi Police claimed that they have enough evidence such as TV footage, recorded conversations, the players conceding that agreed number of runs in an over and some circumstantial evidence.
Some confessions of cricket players and bookies have also been recorded by the Delhi Police during the course of investigations.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand