IPL spot-fixing: SC to hear BCCI’s appeal on probe panel today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today will hear BCCI’s appeal against Bombay High Court’s verdict declaring the cricket board’s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as illegal and unconstitutional.
The Bombay HC in its order on July 30 declared that the two member panel comprising former judges T Jayaram Chouta and R Balasubramanian was not in accordance with BCCI’s own rules.
The BCCI had challenged the verdict and later Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) pleaded that the HC should have asked for the appointment of a fresh probe panel.
Earlier, the apex court on August 7 didn’t grant interim stay on High Court verdict spoiling N Srinivasan’s return as the BCCI president.
The apex court will hear both the pleas today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video