IPL spot-fixing: SC to hear BCCI’s appeal on probe panel today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today will hear BCCI’s appeal against Bombay High Court’s verdict declaring the cricket board’s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as illegal and unconstitutional.
The Bombay HC in its order on July 30 declared that the two member panel comprising former judges T Jayaram Chouta and R Balasubramanian was not in accordance with BCCI’s own rules.
The BCCI had challenged the verdict and later Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) pleaded that the HC should have asked for the appointment of a fresh probe panel.
Earlier, the apex court on August 7 didn’t grant interim stay on High Court verdict spoiling N Srinivasan’s return as the BCCI president.
The apex court will hear both the pleas today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal