IPL spot-fixing: SC to hear BCCI’s appeal on probe panel today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today will hear BCCI’s appeal against Bombay High Court’s verdict declaring the cricket board’s IPL spot-fixing probe panel as illegal and unconstitutional.
The Bombay HC in its order on July 30 declared that the two member panel comprising former judges T Jayaram Chouta and R Balasubramanian was not in accordance with BCCI’s own rules.
The BCCI had challenged the verdict and later Cricket Association of Bihar (CAB) pleaded that the HC should have asked for the appointment of a fresh probe panel.
Earlier, the apex court on August 7 didn’t grant interim stay on High Court verdict spoiling N Srinivasan’s return as the BCCI president.
The apex court will hear both the pleas today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly