IPL spot-fixing scandal: Ankeet Chavan gets conditional bail
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tainted cricketer Ankeet Chavan has been given conditional bail by a Delhi court for his marriage and will have to return to jail by June 6.
Chavan had sought bail for his marriage fixed for June 2. He has been given bail on a bond of Rs 1 lakh and a surety of the same amount.
Ankeet Chavan had been arrested for his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that rocked Indian cricket. The Rajasthan Royals' cricketer has reportedly confessed to fixing and has described it as a huge mistake in his part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?