IPL spot-fixing scandal: Chargesheeted Asad Rauf claims innocence
Karachi: Tainted umpire Asad Rauf was today chargesheeted by police in the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing case but the Pakistani official claimed innocence and said he has no link with bookies.
"Discussion and information are two separate things. We can discuss things with people but sharing information is different. I will get in touch with my legal adviser and then I can tell you," Rauf said.
Asked if he knew Bindu Dara Singh, who was also named in the chargesheet, Rauf said: "I have thousands of friends but that doesn`t mean that if my friends does something then I also have to do anything with that.
"Let them proof something. I mean, if it was the case that I have taken a favour or a gift or money was given to me ... You got to prove allegations," said Rauf, who was named "wanted accused" along with 15 bookies from Pakistan.
Rauf said he would explain his stand to ICC`s Anti-corruption unit.
"I have been an employee of ICC. ICC has their own Anti-corruption unit. Like police they also investigate. When they call me, I will answer them through my legal adviser. I have done five IPLs and my decisions have been 100 per cent correct. I will answer to ICC regarding my allegations," Rauf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video