IPL spot-fixing: Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
New Delhi: For fast bowler S. Sreesanth, it was two days of sleepless nights and no bath as the disgraced cricketer was not "comfortable" with the bathroom. Alone in the small cell of the Delhi Police, he mostly looks glum, depressed and breaks down often during questioning, police sources said on Saturday.
On the second day of questioning by the interrogators of the Delhi Police Special Cell, which busted the spot fixing scandal late Wednesday night after they arrested Sreesanth and his two Rajasthan Royals teammates Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila and 11 bookies, Sreesanth again broke down, police said.
"On the first day, he shared the cell with his teammates. But now he is alone. He has not slept for the past two days," the official told IANS under condition of anonymity. A city court Thursday granted five days custody of all the 14 accused to the police.
"When we again questioned him today (Saturday) about his involvement in spot fixing, he broke down. He looks very glum, depressed and often cries," said the official, who is among those questioning the cricketer at the Lodhi Colony office of the special cell.
"When we are not questioning him, he behaves normally and speaks to us. And laughs sometimes. Then he sobers up when he realises where he is," the officer added.
"As he was not comfortable with the bathroom of the police cell, he did not take bath," the officer said.
Sreesanth, 30, who had refused dinner on the first night of his stay in the police custody Thursday night, had rajma-chawal the next day. "All the players are now having regular food," the officier added.
The police also confronted him with his two teammates Saturday.
Sreesanth, considered to be one of the most colourful cricketer in the Indian cricket team, has confessed to him crime. Mumbai police Saturday also seized Sreesanth`s laptop, i-pad, phones, cash and diaries after they raided a hotel where the cricketer was staying for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501
- From Swift Dzire, to a BMW: It's dream come true, says PV Sindhu after receiving second car from Sachin Tendulkar