IPL spot-fixing: Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
New Delhi: For fast bowler S. Sreesanth, it was two days of sleepless nights and no bath as the disgraced cricketer was not "comfortable" with the bathroom. Alone in the small cell of the Delhi Police, he mostly looks glum, depressed and breaks down often during questioning, police sources said on Saturday.
On the second day of questioning by the interrogators of the Delhi Police Special Cell, which busted the spot fixing scandal late Wednesday night after they arrested Sreesanth and his two Rajasthan Royals teammates Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila and 11 bookies, Sreesanth again broke down, police said.
"On the first day, he shared the cell with his teammates. But now he is alone. He has not slept for the past two days," the official told IANS under condition of anonymity. A city court Thursday granted five days custody of all the 14 accused to the police.
"When we again questioned him today (Saturday) about his involvement in spot fixing, he broke down. He looks very glum, depressed and often cries," said the official, who is among those questioning the cricketer at the Lodhi Colony office of the special cell.
"When we are not questioning him, he behaves normally and speaks to us. And laughs sometimes. Then he sobers up when he realises where he is," the officer added.
"As he was not comfortable with the bathroom of the police cell, he did not take bath," the officer said.
Sreesanth, 30, who had refused dinner on the first night of his stay in the police custody Thursday night, had rajma-chawal the next day. "All the players are now having regular food," the officier added.
The police also confronted him with his two teammates Saturday.
Sreesanth, considered to be one of the most colourful cricketer in the Indian cricket team, has confessed to him crime. Mumbai police Saturday also seized Sreesanth`s laptop, i-pad, phones, cash and diaries after they raided a hotel where the cricketer was staying for sometime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes