IPL spot-fixing: Taped conversations between Dawood Ibrahim and bookie played out in court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a significant development in the IPL spot-fixing and betting case, the Delhi Police on Tuesday played out telephonic conversations between underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and an alleged bookie involved in the scandal.
According to a leading daily the taped conversation, between one Javed Chotani and Dawood, is being used by the investigators as evidence to establish a link between spot-fixing scam and the underworld.
As per another report, the police claim that Chotani was in contact with tainted Rajasthan Royals cricketer Ajit Chandila.
Chandila is one of the three Rajasthan Royals cricketers arrested by the Delhi Police in May this year on charges of spot-fixing.
The other two – S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan – have been granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement