IPL spot-fixing: Taped conversations between Dawood Ibrahim and bookie played out in court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a significant development in the IPL spot-fixing and betting case, the Delhi Police on Tuesday played out telephonic conversations between underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and an alleged bookie involved in the scandal.
According to a leading daily the taped conversation, between one Javed Chotani and Dawood, is being used by the investigators as evidence to establish a link between spot-fixing scam and the underworld.
As per another report, the police claim that Chotani was in contact with tainted Rajasthan Royals cricketer Ajit Chandila.
Chandila is one of the three Rajasthan Royals cricketers arrested by the Delhi Police in May this year on charges of spot-fixing.
The other two – S Sreesanth and Ankeet Chavan – have been granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’