IPL spot fixing: Two more granted bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday granted bail to two more accused in the IPL spot-fixing scandal case on the grounds of "parity" with cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan of Rajasthan Royals and 16 others, who were given the identical relief on Monday.
Additional Sessions Judge Vinay Kumar Khanna released bookies Rakesh alias Rocky and Amit Kumar Singh on bail while directing them to furnish their personal bonds "in the sum of Rs 50,000 with the surity of the like amount".
"18 other co-accused have been granted bail. Considering the facts and circumstances, nature of accusation and role of the applicants/accused Amit Kumar Singh and Rakesh alias Rocky are admitted on bail...," the court said.
Yesterday the court had granted bail to 18, besides the two cricketers observing that there is no reason for believing that the accused are guilty under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) at this stage, so they cannot be kept in jail.
While allowing the duo`s bail plea, the court has also imposed condition that they "shall not directly or indirectly make any inducement threat, or promise to any person acquainted with facts of the case, so as to dissuade him to disclose such facts to the court or to the investigating agency".
It also asked them to surrender their passport and not to leave country.
Delhi Police have so far arrested 26 persons, including Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates - Chavan and Ajit Chandila - in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video