IPL Spot-Fixing: Vindoo, Meiyappan get bail
Mumbai: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) principal Gurunath Meiyappan, arrested in connection with the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal, were today granted bail by a local court.
Besides Vindoo and Meiyappan, the son-in-law of N Srinivasan who recently stepped aside as BCCI president, six bookies too were granted the relief on the bond of Rs 25,000 each.
The duo moved the bail applications yesterday after the metropolitan magistrate remanded them in judicial custody till June 14.
The court also asked all of them to not leave the country and report to the Crime Branch every alternate day.
The lawyers of Meiyappan and Vindoo requested the court to grant bail to their clients arguing that their custodial interrogation was not required.
Meiyappan (35) was arrested on the night of May 25 for his alleged involvement in the IPL betting scandal.
He was in the eye of a storm after actor and TV reality show winner Vindoo, arrested on May 22 for his alleged links with bookies, admitted to having placed bets on his behalf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends