IPL Spot-Fixing: Vindoo, Meiyappan get bail
Mumbai: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) principal Gurunath Meiyappan, arrested in connection with the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal, were today granted bail by a local court.
Besides Vindoo and Meiyappan, the son-in-law of N Srinivasan who recently stepped aside as BCCI president, six bookies too were granted the relief on the bond of Rs 25,000 each.
The duo moved the bail applications yesterday after the metropolitan magistrate remanded them in judicial custody till June 14.
The court also asked all of them to not leave the country and report to the Crime Branch every alternate day.
The lawyers of Meiyappan and Vindoo requested the court to grant bail to their clients arguing that their custodial interrogation was not required.
Meiyappan (35) was arrested on the night of May 25 for his alleged involvement in the IPL betting scandal.
He was in the eye of a storm after actor and TV reality show winner Vindoo, arrested on May 22 for his alleged links with bookies, admitted to having placed bets on his behalf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi