IPL-style meet will benefit Indian women cricketers: Anjum
Bangalore: Former left-handed batswoman Anjum Chopra, who represented India in 12 Tests and 116 ODIs, on Tuesday, said an IPL-style tournament could work wonders for India`s women cricketers as it has the "potential to go places".
"IPL-style tournament will work for Indian women cricketers because it has the potential to go places. I am sure such a tournament for women will be very exciting," she told reporters here.
Asked whether the ICC is doing enough for the growth of women`s cricket, Anjum said although the premier body could do more, it has great plans for the development of women`s game.
On the IPL 6, Anjum, who loves to play the cover drive, said she supports all the teams in the franchise-based league.
She said Michael Bevan and A B de Villiers are among her favourite cricketers.
"Bevan is my favourite male cricketer and De Villiers favorite RCB player. I would have loved to bat against Waqar Younis. He was a great bowler," she said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested