New Delhi: David Warner found amazing support in Bipul Sharma on Friday as SunRisers Hyderabad beat Gujarat Lions by four wickets.
Sharma produced a sizzling unbeaten 27-run knock under pressure after having troubled batsmen when Lions batted,.
His sixes off Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Dhawal Kulkarni played a crucial role in turning the tide in Sunrisers' favour.
As SRH play their maiden IPL final on Sunday, here is what you should know about the all-rounder who delivered when it mattered most in Qualifier 2.
- Bipul was part of the ICL in 2007. He was signed up by Kings XI Punjab in 2010
- Bipul represented India A in 2010.
- Bipul got lucky in 2015 when he was selected by SRH in place of the ill Laxmi Shukla
- He made just four appearance for SRH last season, scoring one run and picking up four wickets.
- The 32-year-old did not scored a single ton or scalp a five-for in his 14-year-association with Punjab's Ranji Trophy side.
- Bipul shifted allegiance to Himachal Pradesh in 2013, tasting great success with his new team.
Here is what the cricket community had to say about his solid show against Gujarat.
— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) May 27, 2016
Big guns like Dhawan & Yuvi failed but Bipul Sharma came to the party! Showed he could bat against KKR, match-winning knock today! #SRHvsGL
— Mohammad Kaif (@KaifSays) May 27, 2016
How good is this innings from Bipul Sharma. Two good finishes in a row.
— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) May 27, 2016
— yuvraj singh (@YUVSTRONG12) May 27, 2016