New Delhi: Finally the final is upon us, and arguably the two best teams of 2016 Indian Premier League season — Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad — are ready to give their all for a maiden title on Sunday.
The finalists have done more than enough to convince everyone in their quest to win the world's popular cricket league. RCB, which will have the advantage of playing in front of their vocal fans at Bangalore, have peaked at just the right time. The form of their skipper Virat Kohli has made the team virtually an unbeatable one. And he is not the lone RCB player, who is in red hot form.
For Sunrisers, it has been a happy season, even though their over reliance on skipper David Warner, at times, seemed to belittle the overall team efforts in many crucial matches.
Here are five players who can play that 'proverbial' match winning role tomorrow at M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
1. Virat Kohli (RCB): He is the man of the moment. Everything he touches turns into gold. And on Sunday, the 27-year-old will enter the field to win the elusive IPL title. With 919 runs in 15 innings, which also included four hundreds and six fifties, the very likelihood of him failing in the big final is a big negative. Because, Virat loves big stage.
2. AB de Villiers (RCB): It's not by chance that the season's third highest scorer is AB de Villiers. Virat himself has declared the South African as the best batsman at the moment. And the multi-talented 32-year-old from Pretoria will be more than eager to sign off the season with a bang.
3. David Warner (SRH): The best thing about this final is that both the teams know the importance of their skippers. If Virat's form was pivotal to RCB's fortunes, then David Warner is equally important for SRH. If the robust and confident Aussie gets going, RCB bowlers will have a tough task at hand.
4. Mustafizur Rahman (SRH): The young Bangladeshi pacer has become the gold standard of death bowling. After missing the Qualifier 2 with a slight niggle on Friday, Mustafizur Rahman is sure to return for the big game. How he manages to counter the fire-power of Kohli, ABD, Shane Watson, and Chris Gayle will decide the fate of the match.
5. Yuvraj Singh (SRH): The quintessential star of Indian cricket has so far failed to impress his legions of fans. But a chance to win the elusive IPL title will give Yuvraj Singh the much needed impetus to do what he does best – rock.
From Zee News
Mumbai Indians Vs Rising Pune Supergiant
April 24  20:00 IST
Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
April 25  20:00 IST
M Chinnaswamy Stadium
Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Royal Challengers
April 23  20:00 IST
Kolkata Knight Riders won by 82 runs
Gujarat Lions Vs Kings XI Punjab
April 23  16:00 IST
Kings XI Punjab beat Gujarat Lions by 26 runs
WATCH: MS Dhoni's longest six in IPL 2017 lands on roof of Chinnaswamy Stadium during RCB vs RPS match
Superman Sanju Samson's flying boundary-rope fielding sets internet on fire – Watch Video
IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma takes a flying, one-handed catch to dismiss AB de Villiers — WATCH
Unthinkable stumping: MS Dhoni sends back dangerous AB de Villiers in style — WATCH
IPL 2017: Beautiful Disha Patani rocks in Indore opening ceremony – PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Two hat-tricks in a single day! Samuel Badree, Andrew Tye light up IPL 10 – Watch Video
IPL 2017: Kriti Sanon gives Disha Patani a run for her money with brilliant performance in Bengaluru opening ceremony — PHOTOS & VIDEO
IPL 2017: It will be a tough task against Mumbai Indians at Wankhede, feels Stephen Fleming
KKR vs RCB: Virat Kohli slams RCB batting, says it was reckless and unacceptable
IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
IPL 2017, Match 27: Royal Challengers Bangalore collapse to record low of 49 all out, Kolkata Knight Riders win by 82 runs
IPL 2017: Feet in the air, Gautam Gambhir dismisses Tymal Mills bouncer for a six — WATCH
IPL 2017: Robin Uthappa leaves AB de Villiers, Stuart Binny ashamed with unstoppable straight drive — WATCH
IPL 2017: Dinesh Karthik hits that 'insane' shot again, to devastating effect — MUST WATCH