New Delhi: Finally the final is upon us, and arguably the two best teams of 2016 Indian Premier League season — Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad — are ready to give their all for a maiden title on Sunday.
The finalists have done more than enough to convince everyone in their quest to win the world's popular cricket league. RCB, which will have the advantage of playing in front of their vocal fans at Bangalore, have peaked at just the right time. The form of their skipper Virat Kohli has made the team virtually an unbeatable one. And he is not the lone RCB player, who is in red hot form.
For Sunrisers, it has been a happy season, even though their over reliance on skipper David Warner, at times, seemed to belittle the overall team efforts in many crucial matches.
Here are five players who can play that 'proverbial' match winning role tomorrow at M Chinnaswamy Stadium.
1. Virat Kohli (RCB): He is the man of the moment. Everything he touches turns into gold. And on Sunday, the 27-year-old will enter the field to win the elusive IPL title. With 919 runs in 15 innings, which also included four hundreds and six fifties, the very likelihood of him failing in the big final is a big negative. Because, Virat loves big stage.
2. AB de Villiers (RCB): It's not by chance that the season's third highest scorer is AB de Villiers. Virat himself has declared the South African as the best batsman at the moment. And the multi-talented 32-year-old from Pretoria will be more than eager to sign off the season with a bang.
3. David Warner (SRH): The best thing about this final is that both the teams know the importance of their skippers. If Virat's form was pivotal to RCB's fortunes, then David Warner is equally important for SRH. If the robust and confident Aussie gets going, RCB bowlers will have a tough task at hand.
4. Mustafizur Rahman (SRH): The young Bangladeshi pacer has become the gold standard of death bowling. After missing the Qualifier 2 with a slight niggle on Friday, Mustafizur Rahman is sure to return for the big game. How he manages to counter the fire-power of Kohli, ABD, Shane Watson, and Chris Gayle will decide the fate of the match.
5. Yuvraj Singh (SRH): The quintessential star of Indian cricket has so far failed to impress his legions of fans. But a chance to win the elusive IPL title will give Yuvraj Singh the much needed impetus to do what he does best – rock.
From Zee News
WATCH: MS Dhoni's longest six in IPL 2017 lands on roof of Chinnaswamy Stadium during RCB vs RPS match
IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
Superman Sanju Samson's flying boundary-rope fielding sets internet on fire – Watch Video
IPL 2017: Robin Uthappa threatens Siddarth Kaul with body contact, then angry Yuvraj Singh takes over — WATCH
WATCH: MS Dhoni walks after nicking the ball during RPS vs KKR match in IPL 2017
IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma takes a flying, one-handed catch to dismiss AB de Villiers — WATCH
WATCH: Preity Zinta's priceless reaction after Chris Lynn's dismissal during KXIP vs KKR match in IPL 10
No data found.