Iqbal Qasim says Pak must be attacking to win Proteas ODI series
Islamabad: Former Pakistan chief selector Iqbal Qasim has said that the national team can achieve better and positive results with an attacking an innovative style of cricket in the ODI series against South Africa.
According to The Nation, the former left arm spinner said Pakistan has got the fiery brands of young cricketers in Nasir Jamshed, Ahmed Shahzad, Umar Akmal and Sohaib Maqsood in batting department.
He added that if captain Misbah-ul-Haq could motivate and boost these players, they were capable of showing their metal and beating their opponents.
He further said that the past is history and now they must focus on a different brand of cricket now, adding that although the Proteas enjoy slight advantage but the Pakistan young guns are quite capable of winning if they play with their real flair without taking pressure.
He also opined that Umar Akmal should be used as wicketkeeper-batsman in a couple of games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi