Irani Cup: A golden opportunity for Harbhajan to make a comeback
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Veteran Indian spinner Harbahajan Singh was hardly missed in 2013, when the Indian team was in prolific form as they won six out of seven ODI series. But as the Indian spinners are under scrutiny for their poor show overseas, it`s an excellent opportunity for `The Turbanator` to knock the doors of the selectors.
Ravichandran Ashwin`s poor form can be ascertained from the fact that the off-spinner picked just one wicket in the five-match ODI series against New Zealand. The Kiwis played him with ease, as he failed to deliver up to the expectations of MS Dhoni and the Indian fans.
Ashwin failed to prove himself when India toured South Africa, as there too, he picked one wicket from three ODIs and was dropped for the second Test, after he went wicketless in the first Test held at Johannesburg.
In such a crunch situation, Bhajji can once again show why he was once Dhoni`s go-to-man, by doing well in the Irani Trophy, where he is supposed to lead the Rest of India squad. The tournament could also be a good opportunity for other senior players like Amit Mishra and Gautam Gambhir to make their presence felt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi