Irani Trophy: Umesh Yadav`s five-for gives Rest edge despite Bist ton
Bangalore: Robin Bist`s unbeaten century failed to prevent Rest of India from grabbing the initiative as Umesh Yadav`s five-for saw Rajasthan getting bundled out for 253 on Day 1 of the Irani Trophy match.
The 24-year-old Bist remained not out on 117 off 187 balls, and the knock was studded with fourteen fours and two sixes.
Bist`s century came off 157 balls even as the likes of Vineet Saxena, Hrishikesh Kanitkar, Ankit Lamba and Rashmi Parida perished quickly.
Bist found an ally in Rashmi Ranjan Parida until the latter was bowled by Ishant Sharma for 34 after a fourth wicket-stand of 105. The stand took the Ranji Champions to 151 after they were tottering at 46 for three at one stage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark