Ireland, Afghanistan qualify for 2014 ICC World Twenty20 in Bangladesh
London: Ireland has secured qualification for next year`s World Twenty20 by extending their unbeaten record in Group A of the qualifiers with a win over Hong Kong, while Afghanistan have also secured their entry with a win over Kenya.
According to the BBC, Ireland will now play their semi-final in Abu Dhabi on Friday.
Six of the 16 teams competing in the two groups will qualify for next year`s World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh , the report said.
The tournament is much awaited by the cricket fans across the world, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon