Ireland, Holland lock horns to ensure berth in ICC WC 2015
Dubai: Ireland and the Netherlands will lock horns in a double header of the ICC World Cricket League Championship (WCLC) to ensure their qualification for the 50-over World Cup in 2015.
Ireland, who had topped on table with 17 points, will look forward to winning their matches against the `Orange Brigade` in order to become the first qualifier among the eight participating teams.
The matches would be equally important for the Dutch team as well, currently 3rd on table with 14 points, as only top two teams from the tournament would make it to big event.
"These matches mean everything for both sides as both of us must win," said Ireland captain William Porterfield.
The Pepsi ICC WCLC features the top eight Associate and Affiliate teams - Afghanistan, Canada, Ireland, Kenya, Namibia, Netherlands, Scotland and the UAE - and is a seven-round competition that provides direct qualification opportunities to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
The six teams that do not qualify through the Pepsi ICC WCLC will face the prospect of fighting it out in a qualifying event in New Zealand early next year for the remaining two spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two new Zika vaccines give '100% protection' to mice in tests!
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy