Ireland move past Zimbabwe in ICC ODI rankings
Melbourne: Minnows Ireland have leapfrogged Zimbabwe in the one-day international cricket rankings after their stunning Cricket World Cup win over England.
The sensational victory in Bangalore earned Ireland, a second-tier, or associate member of the International Cricket Council, enough points to move into 10th position in the rankings.
Zimbabwe is a full member of the ICC with Test and one-day international status but are currently inactive in Tests.
Australia remain the No.1-ranked side, with Cricket World Cup joint hosts India in second place. Sri Lanka are up to third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you