Ireland move past Zimbabwe in ICC ODI rankings
Melbourne: Minnows Ireland have leapfrogged Zimbabwe in the one-day international cricket rankings after their stunning Cricket World Cup win over England.
The sensational victory in Bangalore earned Ireland, a second-tier, or associate member of the International Cricket Council, enough points to move into 10th position in the rankings.
Zimbabwe is a full member of the ICC with Test and one-day international status but are currently inactive in Tests.
Australia remain the No.1-ranked side, with Cricket World Cup joint hosts India in second place. Sri Lanka are up to third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon