Ireland move past Zimbabwe in ICC ODI rankings
Melbourne: Minnows Ireland have leapfrogged Zimbabwe in the one-day international cricket rankings after their stunning Cricket World Cup win over England.
The sensational victory in Bangalore earned Ireland, a second-tier, or associate member of the International Cricket Council, enough points to move into 10th position in the rankings.
Zimbabwe is a full member of the ICC with Test and one-day international status but are currently inactive in Tests.
Australia remain the No.1-ranked side, with Cricket World Cup joint hosts India in second place. Sri Lanka are up to third place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick