Irfan called to prove `form, fitness` ahead of team selection
Islamabad: The world`s tallest fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has been called to the training camp that begins in Lahore on Monday, after being recommended by national bowling coach Mohammad Akram to Pakistan selectors for the Proteas series.
A strong squad for the two-Test series against South Africa to be held from Oct 14 at the neutral venues of the UAE will be selected at the end of the camp, the report said.
Irfan will also play the three-day practice match, which will be organised during the camp from Oct 2 to 4 here to prove his form and fitness for the Test series against Proteas, the report added.
Akram said he had recommended Irfan to selectors having examined his form and fitness, adding that he thought the fast bowler was fit for Test cricket.
It is instructive to note that the selectors didn`t pick the lanky pacer for the South Africa Test series, considering him only appropriate for the limited-overs game, the report further said.
Nonetheless, bowling coach Akram showing confidence in Irfan`s abilities recommended him to selectors, saying he had faith in the Test bowler`s skills, according to the report.
Akram said that Irfan has the talent to get two or three quick wickets with his pace and swing and that could damage the batting line up of opponents to a large extent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday