Irfan Pathan replaces Umesh Yadav for the last two ODIs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Ahmedabad: Irfan Pathan replaces Umesh Yadav for the last two ODIs against West Indies. The BCCI's All-India Senior Selection Committee which met on Monday too kthis decision as pacer Yadav will be leaving for Australia early.
The Baroda pacer was enjoying a purple patch with the ball claiming three five wicket hauls in as many Ranji matches.
Irfan, who has not played for India since 2009, drew the selectors attention by virtue of his impressive performance in this season's Ranji Trophy, in which he is the leading wicket-taker with 21 scalps.
Umesh's exclusion has been the only change in the current ODI team as the selectors have retained the rest of the squad for the remaining two matches against the Caribbean side, according to a statement issued by BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
The last two ODIs will be played in Indore and Chennai on December 8 and 11 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav