Irrfan says legalise betting, Arjun finds IPL issue disgusting
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Rampal and director Nikhil Advani are disheartened by the IPL controversy that has rocked the country while Irrfan Khan feels betting should be legalised.
"It is disgusting. Sport is treated as religion in our country. It is sad that the sport is disrespected and it has to go through all this. It is sad time for cricket," Arjun Rampal told reporters here at the first look launch of the film `D Day`.
Arjun`s co-star in the film Irrfan Khan, though does not find the IPL controversy surprising.
"It is not surprising at all for me. IPL is a money game. Corruption is happening in our country...So it is not surprising. I feel betting should be made legal," Irrfan said.
Director Nikhil Advani finds all this disgusting.
"I am heart-broken. I am a big fan of IPL. I follow every match and I am an ardent follower of Mumbai Indians. It is sad that the sport is getting tainted," Nikhil said.
The trio was present at the first look launch of the film `D Day`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi