Irrfan says legalise betting, Arjun finds IPL issue disgusting
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Rampal and director Nikhil Advani are disheartened by the IPL controversy that has rocked the country while Irrfan Khan feels betting should be legalised.
"It is disgusting. Sport is treated as religion in our country. It is sad that the sport is disrespected and it has to go through all this. It is sad time for cricket," Arjun Rampal told reporters here at the first look launch of the film `D Day`.
Arjun`s co-star in the film Irrfan Khan, though does not find the IPL controversy surprising.
"It is not surprising at all for me. IPL is a money game. Corruption is happening in our country...So it is not surprising. I feel betting should be made legal," Irrfan said.
Director Nikhil Advani finds all this disgusting.
"I am heart-broken. I am a big fan of IPL. I follow every match and I am an ardent follower of Mumbai Indians. It is sad that the sport is getting tainted," Nikhil said.
The trio was present at the first look launch of the film `D Day`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!