Ishank Jaggi helps Jharkhand fight back against Assam
Dhanbad: Scintillating unbeaten century by Ishank Jaggi (163) and his 217 runs partnership with SP Gautam maintained the hope of host Jharkhand to thwart humiliating follow on against Assam in four days Ranji Trophy plate group B match at the Railway stadium on Thursday.
At the end of third day`s play Jharkhand were 301/4. The host team still need 51 run to avoid follow on with its six wickets in hand with Jaggi (163 batting) and Deepak Chougle (17) were at the crease.
Assam have piled up 502 in its first innings. In the whole day play Jharkhand lost only two wickets.
Jaggi, who is looking for his maiden double ton, struck his first century of the season facing 197 balls with help of 11 hits to fence. His first 50 came in 133 ball, after century he adopted aggressive attitude and his 163 came in 284 balls with 21 fours. Before this match jaggi’s highest of the season was 88.
Resuming their innings from overnight score of 25/2 Jharkhand received third jolt soon after Abu Ahmed sent Manish Vardhan (15) when total score was reading 46 only. However Jaggi and SP Gautam took the charge of team’s innings and guided to comfortable place with adding 217 runs for fourth wicket partnership.
Gautam was caught by Gohai off Abu Ahmed.
Abu Ahmed have claimed all four wickets of Jharkhand fell in two-day so far. He has conceded 76 runs in 25 over.
Brief score: Assam first innings 501
Jharkhand fist Innings 301/4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued