Ishant Sharma crosses 150 kmph barrier at MCG
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: It was in the fifteenth over of the Australian 2nd innings on Wednesday that a ball from an Indian pacer went past 150 kph on the speed gun. According to Ian Chappell, one of Ishant Sharma’s deliveries at the Melbourne Cricket Ground clocked 152 kph, which is closer to the Indian record of 152.2.
In 2007, on his first tour of Australia, Ishant had clocked 147 kmph.
Meanwhile, chasing 292 to win, India were bundled out for 169 on Thursday after their formidable batting lineup crumbled in the face of a spirited onslaught from pace trio Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and Ben Hilfenhaus.
However, Indian trio of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav played their part well and were even appreciated for the performance by Virender Sehwag. He called it the ‘best’ bowling attack that he has been a part of .
Former Australia fast bowler Geoff Lawson feels that the trio can potentially end up as India`s best pace attack ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch