Ishant Sharma crosses 150 kmph barrier at MCG
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: It was in the fifteenth over of the Australian 2nd innings on Wednesday that a ball from an Indian pacer went past 150 kph on the speed gun. According to Ian Chappell, one of Ishant Sharma’s deliveries at the Melbourne Cricket Ground clocked 152 kph, which is closer to the Indian record of 152.2.
In 2007, on his first tour of Australia, Ishant had clocked 147 kmph.
Meanwhile, chasing 292 to win, India were bundled out for 169 on Thursday after their formidable batting lineup crumbled in the face of a spirited onslaught from pace trio Peter Siddle, James Pattinson and Ben Hilfenhaus.
However, Indian trio of Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav played their part well and were even appreciated for the performance by Virender Sehwag. He called it the ‘best’ bowling attack that he has been a part of .
Former Australia fast bowler Geoff Lawson feels that the trio can potentially end up as India`s best pace attack ever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...