It`ll be a tough battle for West Indies` bowlers: Sammy
Kolkata: Indian batsmen have been in blistering form and the West Indies skipper Darren Sammy feels that the two-Test series, starting from Wednesday, will pose a tough challenge for his bowlers.
"We have respect for India. When you look at their recent one-day series (against Australia that India won 3-2) their batsmen have been in good nick. No one wicket is the prized wicket. Everybody in the top six minus Vijay has been playing really good and has been in good form. It would be a tough battle for our bowlers," said Sammy at the pre-match press conference.
Sammy, however, said he was hoping that the Indian batsmen commit mistakes.
"They have been playing a lot of one-day cricket. They have been on the go. It was a run-fest in the last one-day series. So hopefully their batsmen will come out playing a lot of shots and we will get some edges down at slip or some lbws or some bowled outs.
"Hopefully they will be in that same frame of mind and make more mistakes early up in their innings," Sammy said on the eve of the their opening Test," Sammy added.
Recollecting Ravichandran Ashwin`s valiant 103 to draw in the Mumbai Test, Sammy said all the 20 wickets are important.
"Last time we were bowling against the likes of (Virender) Sehwag, (Gautam) Gambhir, (VVS) Laxman, (Rahul) Dravid, Sachin (Tendulkar) and (MS) Dhoni. And we bowled them out three times with four bowlers. We are going to be confident and look to execute our plans and look to get 20 important wickets," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert