It`s Dinda vs Bist as East take on Central in Duleep final
Indore: A confident East Zone side led by Nataraj Behera will be eyeing their maiden Duleep Trophy title when they take on five-time champions Central Zone in the final to be played here, from Sunday.
East Zone have had a good run in the two matches that they have played beating West Zone outright and then managing a win against North by virtue of first innings lead.
Central, on the other hand, beat South Zone by first innings lead to make it to the title round.
An interesting duel within the main battle can be expected when the highest run-getter in the current domestic season Robin Bist squares off against the highest wicket-taker Ashok Dinda.
While Rajasthan`s Bist has scored a whopping 1310 runs with five centuries, Bengal fast bowler Dinda has 52 scalps to his name.
The national selectors who would be watching the proceedings would surely keep a tab on the performance of the duo. If Dinda has trained his eyes on the Asia Cup to be held in Bangladesh next month, Bist will certainly like to make a strong case for himself when India A team tours West Indies in July this year.
The 22-yard strip at the Usha Raje Scindia Stadium is known to help batsmen and this is the very ground where Virender Sehwag scored a magnificent 219 against West Indies in an ODI last year.
Central boasts of domestic heavyweights like Bist and former India players Mohammed Kaif and Naman Ojha, both of whom are coming into the match with a centuries.
East also have a decent batting line-up that has India`s reserve Test specialist Wriddhiman Saha, talented Jharkhand lad Ishank Jaggi and skipper Behera himself. Not to forget diminutive Anustup Majumdar who has scored back-to-back centuries against West and North Zone.
Both teams have some injury problems. Senior Central Zone pacer Pankaj Singh has a shoulder injury and looks like a doubtful starter. In case Pankaj fails to make it, his Rajasthan teammate Rituraj Singh might get a game.
As far as East Zone is concerned, Abu Nechim Ahmed has already gone back home after the North game owing to an injury and Bengal boy Mohammed Shami Ahmed will come in one change as Dinda and Basant Mohanty will share the new ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections