It`s his view: Srinivasan on Scindia`s call for resignation
New Delhi: Beleaguered BCCI President N Srinivasan on Tuesday brushed aside senior Board functionary Jyotiraditya Scindia`s call for his resignation, saying that "it was his view".
Asked by reporters about Scindia asking for his resignation on moral grounds after his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan was arrested on charges of betting in IPL, Srinivasan said, "It`s his view. I don`t want to reply beyond that."
Earlier in the day, Scindia became the first BCCI office-bearer to openly call for Srinivasan`s resignation in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal, saying that propriety demanded that he should step down.
While Scindia wanted Srinivasan to step down till the case of Gurunath is decided, Union Minister and another senior Board functionary Farooq Abdullah backed the under-fire president, saying there was no reason for him to quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'