It`s his view: Srinivasan on Scindia`s call for resignation
New Delhi: Beleaguered BCCI President N Srinivasan on Tuesday brushed aside senior Board functionary Jyotiraditya Scindia`s call for his resignation, saying that "it was his view".
Asked by reporters about Scindia asking for his resignation on moral grounds after his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan was arrested on charges of betting in IPL, Srinivasan said, "It`s his view. I don`t want to reply beyond that."
Earlier in the day, Scindia became the first BCCI office-bearer to openly call for Srinivasan`s resignation in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal, saying that propriety demanded that he should step down.
While Scindia wanted Srinivasan to step down till the case of Gurunath is decided, Union Minister and another senior Board functionary Farooq Abdullah backed the under-fire president, saying there was no reason for him to quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad