It was a dream come true sort of performance: Cooper
Chennai: Trinidad & Tobago player Kevon Cooper said that it was "a dream come true" after he kept his team`s semi-final hopes alive with a knock of 11-ball 25 against the Cape Cobras on Tuesday.
"It`s a good feeling. It`s difficult to express my feelings right now. After watching the guys play international cricket on TV, and then playing against them, playing a big knock for my team, it is something I dream about. I am happy right now and hope for better things now," Cooper said at a press conference.
Asked if today`s knock would do help him get to the next level just like Kieron Pollard`s knock did during the first edition of the tournament, he answered, "Hopefully, but I wasn`t thinking about that. I just wanted to get out there and perform for my team and take on the bowlers and deliver for my team tonight."
This was the first time T&T had successfully chased a target in the tournament, but Cooper said there were no specific strategies involved today.
"Skipper Darren (Ganga) and the team management had asked us to keep an open mind, regardless of whether we batted first or bowled first. We really wanted to win and I am proud to have played good cricket."
T&T skipper Darren Ganga lauded Cooper`s contribution. "Ever since he was selected for T&T at the age of 16, he has shown promise and talent and it`s really great to see him win this match, so congratulations to him and the entire team," Ganga said.
Ganga feels their performance till now has been something they can be proud of.
"If it doesn`t happen (provided they don`t qualify for semis), we can still hold our heads high. We came here without our three biggest players and people didn`t give us a chance. We had a qualifying round.
"I got information that a lot of Trinidadians wanted to make the journey (to India) to support the side but they didn`t because they had reservations about us going forward in the tournament. I`ve said time and time again, this is a team, not an individual or about two or three players and we work hard as a team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India