It was a dream come true sort of performance: Cooper
Chennai: Trinidad & Tobago player Kevon Cooper said that it was "a dream come true" after he kept his team`s semi-final hopes alive with a knock of 11-ball 25 against the Cape Cobras on Tuesday.
"It`s a good feeling. It`s difficult to express my feelings right now. After watching the guys play international cricket on TV, and then playing against them, playing a big knock for my team, it is something I dream about. I am happy right now and hope for better things now," Cooper said at a press conference.
Asked if today`s knock would do help him get to the next level just like Kieron Pollard`s knock did during the first edition of the tournament, he answered, "Hopefully, but I wasn`t thinking about that. I just wanted to get out there and perform for my team and take on the bowlers and deliver for my team tonight."
This was the first time T&T had successfully chased a target in the tournament, but Cooper said there were no specific strategies involved today.
"Skipper Darren (Ganga) and the team management had asked us to keep an open mind, regardless of whether we batted first or bowled first. We really wanted to win and I am proud to have played good cricket."
T&T skipper Darren Ganga lauded Cooper`s contribution. "Ever since he was selected for T&T at the age of 16, he has shown promise and talent and it`s really great to see him win this match, so congratulations to him and the entire team," Ganga said.
Ganga feels their performance till now has been something they can be proud of.
"If it doesn`t happen (provided they don`t qualify for semis), we can still hold our heads high. We came here without our three biggest players and people didn`t give us a chance. We had a qualifying round.
"I got information that a lot of Trinidadians wanted to make the journey (to India) to support the side but they didn`t because they had reservations about us going forward in the tournament. I`ve said time and time again, this is a team, not an individual or about two or three players and we work hard as a team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM